If you’re working for or with a charity or a not-for-profit corporation, your goals when setting up IT infrastructure are two-fold:
- Enable collaboration, security and accessibility
- Make it inexpensive, if not free
The reality is charities and non-profits often don’t have a very big budget, and even less of it to dedicate to IT.
Here are three awesome online tools for charities or non-profits, that offer a discount on their services:
Slack (Real-time messaging)
- “Slack brings all your communication together in one place. It’s real-time messaging, archiving and search for modern teams.”
- Although Slack offers a free pricing option, it includes a limited number of archived and searchable content (10,000)
- Not for profit perks: You get a free upgrade to their Standard Plan, meaning no limit on the size of your archive, and all sorts of other inclusions.
Google for Nonprofits (Email, online storage, calendar, fundraising)
- Get access to a slew of Google services for free, all you need to do is validate your nonprofit status through a TechSoup Global partner.
- Not for profit perks: Here’s what you get access to:
- G Suite (Google Apps): Gmail, Docs, Drive and Calendar
- Google Ad Grants: Receive USD$10,000 of in kind AdWords advertising each month.
- YouTube Nonprofit Program: Raise funds using your YouTube videos.
- Google One Today: Fundraising platform with 0 fees. Only offered to nonprofits in the United States.
- Google Earth Outreach: Gain access to all sorts of Google Maps & related tools.
MailChimp (email marketing)
- A popular email marketing service, MailChimp allows you to quickly set up newsletters and eCommerce mailing lists.
- It works nicely with WordPress and many premium themes support MailChimp integration natively
- Not for profit perks: MailChimp offers a 15% discount to nonprofits and charities on email credit orders.
- Billed as a “non-profit, charity and social enterprise fundraising” platform, Chuffed is going head to head with crowdsourcing giants like IndiGoGo and GoFundMe
- Not for profit perks: 100% of donations come back to you and the payment platform fees are passed on to the donator.
Other online platforms offer non-profit discounts, such as EventBrite and Shopify. It’s always worth a quick Google search to see if the tool you’re looking to use offers discounts for your organization.
Do you like what you see? Contact us today!
If you’re Canadian or located in the National Capital Region, let’s chat about bringing your project or business online.